The Internet never Forgets! Fan calls out Davido on failed promise to take Broda Shaggi to London 02

A concerned fan took out time to dig up the past and brought up a video were Davido promised to take Brodas haggi to London O2 but he failed on his promise.  Apparently the internet never forgets.
On Sunday, January 27, Nigerian international pop star Davido headlined and sold-out London’s iconic 20,000 capacity indoor venue, 02 Arena.

This feat was however followed by a rather demeaning outrage on social media by persons who set out to dismiss the singer’s accomplishment with claims that he didn’t sell out the venue and unwarranted Wizkid comparisons.

In an interview Samuel Perry, better known as Broda shaggi talks about his acting career and his journey.
“I am an actor, singer, visual artist and director. I started comedy many years back and I did a lot of it while I was in the university. As an actor, I am good at creating different characters. While I was in school, I created characters such as Inspector Perry, a policeman; Professor Dele, and Akonni Ibadan, before I created Brodashaggi.”
“Comedy is what I love doing and I like to make it as real as possible so that people can relate with it. I like to make people laugh; so, when they watch me, all they do is laugh despite the situation of the country. My aim is to affect people with comedy in a good way. That was what prompted me into doing comedy in the place."
“I had always known that I would become a comedian someday because I love drama and acting. As a kid, I loved acting, writing stories and comedy; it has always been part of me. My late dad taught drama at Mayflower Junior School, Ikenne, Ogun State. Before his death, I already knew that I was going to become an actor.”
He was also asked “Weren’t you worried that people would react negatively to your skit on what would happen if Jesus appeared in Mushin?”
“After I did that skit, I got so many messages and calls from veteran actors in the industry asking me to pull down the video. They said it is not good to mock the name of Jesus Christ but I told them that I am an actor and there is no way I could have expressed that character if I shied away from some things. That is the typical way Brodashaggi would talk because he is a character from the streets.”

“If they like what the character says, fine; if they don’t like it, it’s also fine. It is just like asking an actress to play the role of a prostitute but you don’t want her to dress seductively. In real life, a prostitute won’t cover all her body. As an actor, you have to express your character the proper way it should be done because acting is make-believe. It is important to make your audience believe what they see. People will always have different opinions on things.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thato Gaopatwe: A look at the luxury Facebook life of South African heist gang member

Bobrisky reveals he will soon get a breast implant

About us