New bride Grace Ojewande explains how she ‘preserved herself’ till marriage at 56

Many were surprised to hear that immediate past General Evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide, Prophet Samuel Abiara, was getting married.
He however recently got married to Grace Ojewande who said she was a vi*gin at 56 years of age. They got married in March 2018.
In a recent interview with Punch, she explained how she kept herself till marriage and how she met Prophet Abiara. Read excerpts below:
Prophet Samuel Abiara and his new bride Grace Ojewande on their wedding day (Image courtesy Google)
If she has been tempted to backslide
I have never been tempted to backslide. What has been keeping me going is that I know that there is God. Everybody in life has been faced with one form of temptation or the other but for me, I noticed everything was going on fine with me apart from the issue of marriage. I told myself that if God could perform wonders in other spheres of my life, he would do it for me when it comes to marriage; I waited patiently on the Lord and he made other things available for me.
Whether she ever gave up on love and marriage?
I never gave up. There is an annual programme in MFM which holds around my birthday. I remember telling God a year before I got married that I had never asked Him for a birthday gift but He should give me my own birthday gift by granting my heart desire last year. Before the end of the year my prayer was answered.
If she faced pressure to get married
I faced a lot of pressure but I had God on my side. I faced pressure to the extent that my family, friends began to tell me to marry just anybody even if the person was not a Christian. Anytime I got such advice, all I used to say was ‘okay’. I never fought them because I knew that it was borne out of the love and care they felt towards me. If they did not care, they would just be watching me.
How she met Pastor Abiara
It was by divine intervention; everything was prepared by God. When I say that we met through divine intervention, it is beyond human reasoning. It is beyond human imagination. But for a divine intervention to occur, God has to use people. Was it a case of match-making through a mutual friend?
We did not meet through match-making. I had initially said that there was a prophecy about 13 years ago that I would get married to a man of God; so when it happened, I was not surprised.
Her plans to have children
As the Lord lives, I would. What age was Sarah when she had her child? She was in her 90s, I am just in my 50s, so what are we saying. The God that did it for Sarah then is still the same God. He does not change.
How she kept her ‘honour’ till marriage
Throughout my university days, I was never one of those girls that had s#x with lecturers to pass their courses. I was always adequately prepared and I could stay in the classroom till 2am before I got back to the hostel to sleep. If a lecturer scheduled an early morning class, after reading I would sleep in the classroom despite the noise and after the early morning lecture, I would return to my hostel. When God prepares a person for a certain journey in life, you would not know but he would give you the strength and knowledge required for the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thato Gaopatwe: A look at the luxury Facebook life of South African heist gang member

Bobrisky reveals he will soon get a breast implant

About us